Monday, May 3, 2010

tag

While I actually do have something really awesome and exciting to write about, it's kind of ruined by the huge, terrible, heart-breaking thing that's happening.


I love him too much to have to say goodbye, which is exactly what I had to do this morning.

As I write this and look at his happy face in photos, my eyes prick with tears and the back of my throat feels tight. I feel like my heart breaks every time I think of it, of him, and of what happened, what will happen on Thursday.

This morning, I put my face next to his and cried. I squeezed his black and white paws, all four of them, one at a time, and wept into his soft black coat. He didn't know why I was so sad, but I figure that's for the best. I can't bear the thought of him knowing what is to come. He sat up proudly, and I rubbed his white chest because I know how much he likes that. He leaned his head into my neck, as if to say, Don't cry, Kate, I love you too much! and I just held on for couple minutes and let my tears fall, forgetting all about the fact that I had just done my make up for work.  I whispered, "I love you" over and over, and I told him I was so sorry.

I hope that's enough.

He was always so much more than just our pet. I loved him so dearly. Still do.

And that's why my heart hurts.

Now Playing: Didn't Want to Say Goodbye | Ari Hest

No comments:

Post a Comment