Tuesday, March 24, 2009

i hate technology

Or, rather, technology hates me.


first, two weekends ago, i went to load HSM3 (the digital copy that is the second disk in the "special edition- 2 disk set," which can be authorized to be added to itunes or windows media player) to my itunes so i could have HSM3 and its fabulosity with me always. but, oh wait, the HSM3 digital copy can suck it. it severely ruined my computer. it didn't just take FOREVER to import, oh no, before it even finished, my computer was infested with viruses. infested. ANGRY FACE.


so, i decided to visit my frenemies at best buy's geek squad. i don't understand why they don't believe you when you go in and say, "High School Musical 3 gave my computer a million viruses and has now made me hate my horrible life. please fix this." he had to laugh at me, turn on my poor, sick 'puter, say "oh wow, yeah you've got a bunch of viruses," and then charge $200 to Tam's credit card, AND lecture me about using limewire. asshole. yeah, i am 21 years old and love HSM3 and stealing music. let me just point out it was not limewire that made my computer upset; it was high school musical. this is vanessa hudgen's fault. ANGRY FACE.


this is my angry face.

also, (side note for a later rant), i had emailed my professors/instructors to alert them that my grandpa had passed away and that i would be missing class. All but one of my professors had emailed me back. i thought nothing of this lack of response. So then, i emailed my FCE professor my homework, the very same professor who had not responded to my initial email. i thought nothing of a lack of response again. ohhhhh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

so i'm successfully avoiding homework by watching twilight (yes, again....) this last sunday. all of a sudden, my phone rang. demi lovato sang her little heart out for maybe 5.2 seconds. best buy, my phone's little caller id screen said. (yeah, it's saved in my phone because technology hates me.) i picked up, hoping they'd tell me that my 'puter was all better and i could go pick it up. here's an almost-accurate transcript of what transpired on that phone call:

geek squad chick: hi, may i speak to Kathryn?
me: oh, hello, this is she.
GSC: oh, um. well i'm calling about your computer. you did indeed have several viruses on your computer.
me: okay. yeah.
GSC: we cleaned all of them out and all of your files are safe, so everything worked out great.
me:oh! great! cool, yay!
GSC: yeah, and we also found out that your windows xp has a corrupt file, so we are going to have to restore your computer.
me: oh.
GSC: so, we were just calling to see what files, if any, you'd like to have backed up, because we can do that for you.
me: um, i guess i want my documents, my pictures and my music saved....
GSC: yeah, depending on how much data that is, it will be $99 or $150
me: ugh, okay.
GSC: okay, awesome. have a great day, bye!

FML.

i'm running out of steam now. long story short, im pissed about my computer. i'm pissed that my ONE professor is saying "oh, no, your name is not familiar at all and i have not received anything from you at all." ANGRY FACE! FML! i can't go to office hours because it's the same day as class, and by that point, the assignment will still be one more week late. so i just tried emailing again and i'm gonna hate my life some more. also, im going to look into contacting the dean to report her for not following university policy to not be penalized for an immediate family member's death.

ughhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment